March 4, 2014

Green typewriter cards....inspired by Going Green Inspiration Board

Today I'm jumping right into using my March Going Green Pinterest Inspiration Board as inspiration for some cards.  You can view the Going Green board here.  For inspiration I created a collage using the Pic Collage app on my iPhone.  I then printed my collage onto a sheet of 8.5 x 11 glossy photo paper.  I also created a smaller collage of some of my cards that I've created that I like to use for card sketches.  I was inspired by the cell phone cover with the typewriter sitting in the grass.  I took a photo of my typewriter, changed the color to green and printed a mini Instagram sheet.  These will be available in my online shop soon
For my cards, once I have an idea of what I want to create I select papers and embellishments to create somewhat of a mini kit to use.  I like to have this little messy pile of goodies all fanned out.  The creativity just starts to flow once I see color and patterns and unique embellishments.  For my mini typewriter Instagrams, I trimmed four of them down to little squares. The patterned papers are from the March Gossamer Blue 6 x 6 paper pad in the Bits & Pieces Kit.  On the right side of the photo below you'll see that I stitched with green thread down the side of some Basics Journaling Cards.  I absolutely must have these in my stash to use for card fronts.  Love them to pieces.  
In my inspiration collage there's a photo of a butterfly on ledger paper (you can see all the photos better on my Going Green Inspiration Board).  I dug out one of my old ledger books and tore out a sheet to cut up for a bottom layer of my cards.  
Here are my finished cards.  I love the office supply feel that the typewriter Instagrams, lined journaling cards and ledger paper lends to these cards.  The color definitely says green too. 
Here's a nice shot of all the layers the cards have.  I just love stitching and stapling pieces of paper together.  
I found plenty of embellishments and twine from the March Gossamer Blue kits this month. Those little daisy brads...oh, I could use full packs of them.  If you're liking the gold and silver twines, I do carry some in my shop.  Silver is here.  Gold is here.  
The little typewriter Instagrams.  I keep adding these to my stash/shop because they just come in so handy for cards and little packaging items.  For the sentiments, I used the "just my type" stamp from a previous Life Pages stamp set from Gossamer Blue.  For the other sentiment I typed those out with my vintage typewriter.  You can also get a glimpse of my favorite product from this month's Gossamer Blue kits.  It's the wood tape from the March Life Pages Themed Add-On.  You can stitch on it, trim it with scissors or a trimmer, die cut it....you really will love this.  And this kit is one of the few remaining over at the Gossamer Blue store. You'll also really love the My Mind's Eye wood dots in this kit too.  Oh and then there's gold shimmer paper, a Brilliance ink pad and the most beautiful journaling cards.  Just a fun, fun kit. 
I wanted to share a fun tip for you to try the next time you work with 6 x6 paper pads.  Lots of times the 6 x 6 sheet will have a border at the top with a perforated line for tearing the sheets out.  When I tore out my sheets, the whole page ripped out.  So I just rolled with it and used the torn edge + the cream border with the hole as the bottom of my patterned paper layer.  And I love it so much.  It just adds texture and a little something unexpected to the card design. 
Thank you so much for stopping by today & I hope you enjoyed my cards.  I really am getting so much inspiration from my Pinterest boards.  I'd love for you to link up your creations in the comments section if you are inspired to create something from my Going Green board.  I'll be back with more projects all month long and be sure to check the shop soon for some new green items + fun kits, etc.  As always, thank you for leaving a nice comment.  They do mean so much to me. :)

8 comments:

cjgusloff57 said...

Great posts today and yesterday!
I really love everything! Want to run right down to my craft room and create!

Ashley Calder said...

These are really great cards! The typewriter image is lovely. And the little metal flower is my fave. :)

Pam said...

Such cute cards! You are an inspiration. I rarely choose green supplies so I appreciate all these ideas.

Gina M said...

You are a layering artist! So much detail. I never get tired of looking at all the inspiration here on your blog.

Sheri said...

Love those green typewriters! I have that same ledger pad. Need to pull it out and use it more. Very cute cards. Yeah for green!

Unknown said...

cute cards today.

PrinzessinN said...

These cards are so gorgeous! I love them all.

Wendy Bellino said...

Really cute! Love all the layers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails