July 10, 2014

Recipe: Peach Dumplings with Homemade Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce

I was asked to bring a dessert to my sister's July 4th celebration.  We always try to "bring it" when it comes to food in our family.  I thought something with peaches would be yummy so I found this awesome recipe for Peach Dumplings on Pinterest.  It makes for a beautiful presentation aside from being quite delicious. 
I prepared the recipe just as noted with the exception of using 2 peaches instead of one.  I just cut two slices for each crescent roll. You start by mixing the dry ingredients with melted butter. 
 I also doubled the recipe and used a 9 x 13 pan.  Here's the rolled up crescent rolls with peaches, the buttery crumb topping and a quirky ingredient, the 7 Up poured around the unbaked dumplings.
 Pop them in the oven and wait for the magic to happen.
 The dumplings bake up so pretty and browned and bubbly.  The peaches are nicely done and so juicy, with lots of cinnamon goodness all around them.
 I served each dumpling with a scoop of my mom's homemade vanilla ice cream.  It always gets raves reviews and is the best recipe I've tried for homemade ice cream.
I also drizzled on some warm caramel sauce for a pretty presentation.  The dumplings are warm and sweet and so delicious. 
You definitely get that homemade awesomeness when you serve these little yummies.  They got rave reviews at the July 4th celebration so we're adding them to the "keeper" list of recipes.  I hope you give them a try.

5 comments:

Dawn F. said...

This dish looks amazing! Now I have to try!

robinann17 said...

I tried this recipe and boy is it ever delicious! So easy to put together and tastes just like summer! I also doubled the peach slices to two in each roll...wonderful!

Debbie said...

Just NO END to your goodness is there!? Ha ha
Even in our VERY HOT summer here...I want to make these!! YUM!!

Unknown said...

We aren't huge peach fans here, wondering if apples would work? This just looks sooooo yummy!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

OH WOW!!! is there anything that you do not do!!!!
definitely a yummy recipe!!!!
Tfs:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails